Saturday 24 February 2018

Palm Tree Pop-Up Mermaid Birthday Card

This was another fun card to make, using the new Palm Tree Pop-Up die set by Karen Burniston.
Unusually for me, I didn't use a single piece of patterned paper! I cut all the die cuts from off-white textured card stock, and coloured them with Distress Oxide Inks and a Mini Ink Blending Tool.

I cut two palm tree bases on the fold of the card base, and all the parts for two trees, then inked them before assembling. Karen has great instructions for assembling all her dies here on her website.

I strung up the hammock between the two trees, gluing the twine to the tree trunks.

 I used the Princess and Mermaid die set to create the mermaid lying in the hammock, and glued sequins to her tail.

I added sea shells and a star fish from the Tropical Scene die set, and some turtles from the Sea Animals die set, which I glued transparent sequins to.

For the card front, I took another off-white piece of textured card stock, and blended Distress Oxide Inks into a sunset (the Oxide Inks blend so easily and beautifully!), and then used a die cut from the Tropical Scene die set for the silhouette.

The palm trees look so effective but are really easy to assemble! It's also really cool to see how they fold down flat!

Product Links:

1 comment:

  1. hi helen! super sweet 3d card....fun! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete