Saturday 8 April 2017

Sizzix Scallop Oval Flip-its Tropical 'Paradise Crush' Cards

I got back yesterday from a last minute trip with my kids to the Norfolk coast. The weather was gorgeous and it felt summery for the first time this year! 
I got back home to a couple of new craft products which I'd bought online - the Sizzix Scallop Oval Flip-its Card die set and First Edition's 'Paradise Crush' 12x12 pad. My summery mood continued with these cards!

 Me enjoying the lovely beach at Wells-next-the-Sea, on Thursday.

For all my cards, I used the layer dies and ovals which come with the Sizzix Scallop Oval Flip-its set.
To my first card I added a butterfly from Sizzix by Craft Asylum, a stamp from Purple Onion Designs - Stephanie Ackerman's 'Homegrown Sentiments' set (stamped in black Staz-On ink, because the paper is pearlised), and Concord and 9th's 'Wonderful Words' Lovely die.

Look at the cute glitter flamingo paper!
I used an oval die from The Stamps of Life on the back of the central panel, with the scalloped oval die from the Flip-its set, to make a frame.


Here are the papers by First Edition which I used for all the cards. (I bought mine on eBay, though I think they are widely available in the UK, but I'm not so sure about the US or elsewhere.)

For my second card I used a Reverse Confetti 'Hello' die, flowers cut with Stampin' Up punches, and flower dies that come with the Flip-its set. I used an old stamen punch, and Nuvo Crystal drops for the flower centres.


For the last card, I used the Happy die from the Echo Park 'Happy Easter' word dies, and the birthday from the 'Brushstroke Birthday Greetings' by My Favorite Things Dienamics (which I cut twice from white card stock and doubled up.)
The leaves are also from My Favorite Things - the Wild Greenery die set.



Links to some of the products used:


   



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards. I love those happy papers/happy cards. Great colors. Must have been a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete