Monday 5 October 2015

Thinking of You Circle Pull Card, with homemade Embossing Paste, and some new stash...

I attended the funeral of my friend's mother last week, and made this card for my friend.
It was a lovely day - sad of course, but simple and genuine and sweet.

For the card, I used the Circle Pull Card on some plain white cardstock, and made my own embossing paste (here is my previous tutorial for this - it's really easy), which I used with Tim Holtz's Flourish Stencil.
For the centre circle, I used gold heat embossing powder, with VersaMark ink and a Stampin' Up stamp.

I used Copic pen in the Copic Airbrush, to spray pink around the edges of the card. I backed the card with gold cardstock, which you can just see at the edges of the card.

Finally, I added some flowers from a gorgeous set by Crate Paper, called Open Book Floral Ephemera.

I spent most of August in France - away from my craft supplies, so to get my 'craft fix' I bought some new stash online instead. It was like Christmas when I got back from France! Here are a few of the new things, mainly by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper, including the Flora Ephemera I used on the card.

And a few Tim Holtz items... (including the stencil I used on the card)

I decided to use a few more stencils while I had the embossing paste out, which I'll use on future cards. My 9 year old really enjoyed watching me make these - so satisfying to lift up the stencil and see the crisp, clear patterns!

I added Microfine Glitter to this page whilst the embossing paste was still wet. It adhered really well, and looks incredibly sparkly in real life!

Product Links:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment