Wednesday 18 March 2015

Whiskers the Cat in Adirondack Chair Pop Up Card

Els of Elizabeth Craft Designs, is going to a trade show in Japan soon, and needed some simple 'cute' character cards to take with her. Here's one which I made:

I cut the Adirondack Chair Pop Up from chevron card stock (from Stampin' Up), then cut the chair again from white card stock, snipping out the parts of the white chair I needed. I then glued the white chair on top of the chevron chair, and added a dark pink card base, and some ribbon strips and clouds.

To add the Whiskers the Cat, I folded a strip of card stock into half and half again, then used the fold lines to make a square, which I glued onto the chair, and onto the back of Whiskers. The open side of the square is positioned at the fold of the chair.
You can see the square below. I allows everything to fold flat when the card is closed.

I also added a journalling space with a die from the Lorna Label PopUp die set, and some paw prints from the Props 4 die set.

The card front is pretty simple, with a tag from the Tags Pivot Card die set, and another paw print.

Some of the products used:


   

1 comment: