Tuesday 17 June 2014

Family Photo Accordion Album - Karen Burniston's June Designer Challenge

I've had in mind to make an album like this for my Dad for absolutely ages, so I was pleased when Karen Burniston introduced the theme for June's Designer Challenge - to make a Photo Accordion Album.
(I still didn't manage to get it made in time for Father's Day though...)

Anyway, I used Karen's new Katie Accordion Card die set, which will be in shops around mid July. I love the shape of it! I cut four panels from turquoise card, then cut four more panels in patterned papers (trimming off the flaps) to decorate the panels.
The lovely little corner decorator die comes with the set too.

The first panel has a picture of my Granny and Grandpa (my Dad's parents). Grandpa was in the R.A.F. The second panel is of my Mum and Dad. I love this picture of them, taken before they were married.

I put holes in the frames with a Cropodile, and added eyelets, so I could string some twine through, and hang little banners (cut with a die from the Lots of Pops set), with sticker letters on.

The third panel has a photo of me and my siblings (I'm the oldest of four), and then the last picture is one of my Dad and Mum's Grandkids. This photo makes me laugh every single time I see it - not a single kid looks good in the photo! Complete shambles!! We need a more up-to-date grandkid picture though, as there have been twin girls and another boy born since then!
Finally, I rounded off the outer corners with a Zutter Round-it-all which is great for any thickness of cardstock.

I hope my Dad likes it - I'll get it in the mail to him today!

Some of the products used:


   

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful timepiece for your Dad. I love how you added the banners through the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It arrived - Dad loves it! So do I! Mum XXX

    ReplyDelete