Wednesday 28 May 2014

Elizabeth Craft Design May Designer Challenge Card

The Designer Challenge for the Elizabeth Craft Design Team this month, is to create a flat card - as in no Pop-ups this time! 

I used a linen textured background card, and made a blue frame using the Oval Flourish Frame Edge dies.
I used the Oval Accordion Card die to create the inner coral oval, by snipping off the tabs which attach it to the rest of the panel.
I cut four rose leaves from the Rose die set, and in the top left hand corner, layered two of these with a Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon bow (which I coloured in with the same Copic pen as I used for the central roses.)
For my sentiment, I stuck a die cut 'Hello' onto a small rectangle of clear acetate with a glue pen, and then glued this to the bow. (I thought the acetate would make the word die cut a bit more stable.)


For the centre of the card, I used a Roses in Oval peel-Off Sticker, coloured it with Copic pens and cut out by hand.
Lastly, I added the other two rose leaves, and a layered butterfly in the bottom right hand corner, and a tiny layered butterfly (from the Butterfly Pivot Card set) to the top left.


Products used:


   

3 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty! The colors on the roses and butterfly are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful creation! The colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete