Saturday 22 March 2014

Crazy 4 Challenges 'Shake your thing' week! Eileen Hull Canning Jar birthday card

At the Crazy 4 Challenges blog this week, we can just 'Shake our thing' and make any card we feel like!
I wanted to make a card for my friend's birthday (we studied Speech Therapy together at uni many years ago!) and I had a think first of all what 'my thing' is. I was a bit stumped, and decided I just like loads of things, including stamping, die cutting, embossing, and lately calligraphy. My card then, has all of these!


 I used various floral stamps (they are ancient ones with the packaging long gone, I'm afraid), and then die cut some acetate sheeting with Eileen Hull's Canning Jars die - using the smaller jar. I cut a bit more off the bottom of the jar to get it just the right size, then embossed it. (You can see the jar better in the second photo.)
I used tape runner to stick down the bottom of the jar, and foam pads for the top (which are hidden underneath the paper band which I made to go round the jar.)

I recently got Tim Holtz's new Bow-Tied die, which is fabulous!! It makes bows in three sizes, and they are so simple and cute! I used the smallest here, with some Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper.

Finally, I added a Melissa Frances resin butterfly, and hand cut a tag, and wrote the sentiment with a dip pen and ink.


Some of the products used:


   

4 comments: