Friday 26 July 2013

Cricut Owl Pop 'n Cuts Card

After camp next week, one of our girls is going back to Canada, having lived here for a few years.
I made this Good Bye card for her using the Pop 'n Cuts A2 base, with Funky Label insert (though this has been cut down to fit behind the tree trunk.)
The tree and owl are cut from Cricut's 'Live Simply' Cartridge. I like how easy the Cricut design is - only two layers for the whole thing (or three to add the white eye rims.) I added googly eyes, embossed the tree trunk with a bark folder (can't remember where from, but you could use the Tim Holtz one), clouds from Papertrey Ink and sun from Li'l Inkers.
I hand cut the speech bubble and layer for it, and used Tim Holtz's 'Typeset' Alphabet to cut out sticky-backed paper.
The hearts are from Sizzix Owl #2, and a Stampin' Up punch.
 Also while I was using the Cricut, I cut another little owl and tree, and made this simple card.
 I've also been doing some sewing today - making a flag for our girl's camp site. I wanted to base it on the Worldwide theme which all the youth programme in our church has for this year:
I love that it encourages the youth to make where they are in their lives right now, regardless of circumstances, into a 'Holy' place - somewhere where they feel able to keep their standards and feel peace.
I started off with a scrap piece of fabric, and added layers of colour with bondaweb, and zig-zagged stitched along the edges.
I added the figure of the girl with more bondaweb and zig-zagging, then cut it all out into a circle, and sewed it to a large white flag I made. I need to add some wording round the circle, then that will be it.

Some of products:


   

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Your talent is incredible, Helen! This might be one of my all-time favorite Helen cards and it would be very difficult to rank them. (All #1!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa - these are SO cute. A pink patterned paper tree? Brilliant! Once again, I adore your colour and pattern choices. Just SO cute - both cards.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete