Tuesday 29 June 2010

Bits & Bobs

I've been so busy taking up quilting that I've not made many cards for months. I saw a couple of things online that I fancied though, and bought my first stash this year... some of Hero Art's new stamps, and a couple of smaller 99p ones by Imaginisce. Also some of the new De Lovely papers by Cosmo Cricket, mini wooden alphabet stamp set, and a Hero Arts brochure. Fun!How could I resist this set?!
Desperately need cards, so went into mass production...
For my card, I watercolour painted some images stamped with Staz On ink, did some machine stitching (to go along with the challenge at Papertake Weekly), and used up some old Ikea notelets as my card blanks. (The challenge at Cute Card Thursday is to reuse, renew or recycle!)
And finally a bit of quilting. I did three more foundation pieced squares and put them together. I debated about how to lay them out, but went for a symmetrical pattern.

3 comments:

  1. ooo I love your quilted squares, and a fabulous card with great recycling! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulou card Helen :-) I love the image and the papers and colours you used are lovely :-) gorgeous quilting too ! :-)

    thanks for joining the PTW Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog. Your cards are gorgeous. I was mad into paper crafts before I got totally sidetracked with textiles. Love your business name too. It's amazing what hides in Dining Room Drawers! : )

    ReplyDelete