Thursday 8 April 2010

Love it!!

Our holiday is going wonderfully, brilliantly well! We have squashed in a ridiculously lot of stuff so far! (Salt Lake City for our church conference, Arches, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, and now I'm in an apartment right on Venice Beach, L.A!)
Anyway, as this is a craft blog, I wanted to show you my latest quilting buddy who I met today...
He was sitting in a quilt shop in the ghost town Calico, CA, when I came in, and we got talking and found out we have both just started quilting... ie. we speak the same language!! He showed me his first ever quilt that he is working on (in a pile just to the left of him, in the picture) It's actually his wife's shop, and he showed me her long arm quilting machine etc. Fun!!
Now I can tell my boys that quilting is cool - even cowboys do it! Calico Ghost Town:

(P.S. Yes, I have found time to visit Jo-Anns and Michaels!)

3 comments:

  1. haha brilliant - I went to Calico when I was 17 - glad to see it's still around x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cowboy with a long arm....lol...ok, that really is a stretch for me....Sounds like you are having a lovely time..safe travels...
    blessings madame samm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have the time of your life. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete